Submittal Procedures for New Buildings and Additions
Have questions? Call a contact person.
- Application online through our online MGO portal
- Plan review fee to the Inspections Department
- Plans / Documents
Plans will be checked in six business days. If the permit cannot be issued, comments will be forwarded to the applicant. One set of revisions (including a pdf version) will be required for the Inspections Department. Revisions will be reviewed within six days of submittal.
Special Inspections may be required depending on the scope of work. Here are the Special Inspections forms:
4. Final Report
Early Start Procedures
There are no established "early start or fast track procedures" for the review of building permit construction drawings in the City of Irving. Zoning cases must have final City Council approval prior to the issuance of a building permit. Plats must be approved, signed, and returned to Planning and Zoning to file (or plat may be filed by others) prior to permit issuance. Attempting to obtain a foundation only permit does not save any review time because the majority of the wait for a plan review is due to projects already in line for review. Also, most of the plan review of the entire building must be completed in order to issue any portion of the building permit. However, there are ways to speed the process:
- Concurrently submitting building permit application and plans while the zoning case and/or plat is being processed.
- Obtaining a grading permit prior to a building permit (check with CIP/Engineering Department to see if platting is required prior to issuance).
- Applying for a shell building permit with interior finish plans and permit to follow.
- Have all plans ready for submittal. We do not piecemeal civil and architectural reviews. They are reviewed at the same time.