Essential Businesses in Operation
- Grocery, drug stores
- Essential retail stores1
- Banks, credit unions
- Gas stations
- Farmers and ranchers
- Long-term care facilities2
- Essential Critical Infrastructure Sectors: medical and healthcare, telecommunications, information technology systems, defense, food and agriculture, transportation and logistics, energy, water and wastewater, law enforcement and public works.
1 Essential retail, as defined by Dallas County, includes laundromats, dry cleaners, and laundry service providers; hardware stores; firearms and ammunition suppliers; and businesses that sell electrical, plumbing and other materials necessary to support Essential Businesses, Essential Governmental Functions and Critical Infrastructure.
2 Nursing homes, state-supported living centers, assisted living facilities and long-term care facilities must remain closed to visitors unless to provide critical assistance. See Executive Order GA-19.
"... this Order requires all individuals anywhere in Dallas County to shelter in place – that is, stay at home – except for certain essential activities and work to provide essential business and government services or perform essential public infrastructure construction, including housing. This Order takes effect at 11:10 a.m. on April 3, 2020 and will continue through 11:59 p.m. on April 30, 2020, subject to the limited exceptions and under the terms and conditions more particularly set forth below ..."
An Order Summary, provides an overview of the and clarifications to the types of businesses and services that are considered “Essential.” View the latest Dallas County Order, which lists essential businesses and services.
- Additional rules for Construction Industry and Manufacturers and Distributors.
- Governor Abbott Announces Real Estate is Essential
- Texas REALTORS | COVID-19 Resource for Real Estate Brokers