Virtual Scavenger Hunt
Welcome to the Irving Parks and Recreation Department’s outdoor Scav-EGG-er Hunt. The bunny has been working hard delivering eggs in Irving. Along the way, he lost his very special egg — the Golden Egg. He needs your help finding it. Follow the clues placed at different recreation parks. This is a family friendly activity for all ages. Do you have what it takes to collect all the clues to find the Golden Egg?
All that’s needed is a camera on your mobile device (data or wifi charges from your service provider may apply). At each correct spot, a new QR code will be provided with clues to take you to the next spot. Open the camera on your mobile device, focus on the QR code to scan and click link above to access each clue. Once completed, the final clue will link participants to submit their answers online for a prize. Select a Sca-EGG-er Hunt to get started:
Sca-EGG-er Hunt Rules
- The scavenger hunts begins at noon March 26 and ends 4 p.m., April 3.
- Each clue can be accessed onsite using the camera on your mobile device.
- Once you think you have the first clue figured out, head to the location and find the sign with the next clue’s QR code.
- Continue your hunt until you scan the final clue. The final QR code will provide a form that, once submitted with the correct answers and your contact info, wins a prize that will be sent to your address.
- While you’re enjoying the Scavenger Hunt, take a family photo or selfie and post on Facebook using the hashtag #IrvingScavengerHunt.
Irving Parks and Recreation encourages safe exercise and out-of-doors activities, while continuing to follow CDC guidelines, including washing hands, wearing a face covering and avoiding close contact by maintaining 6 feet of distance between others.
Please respect all parks and leave the Scavenger Hunt signs in place for more participants to find and enjoy. This activity is meant for everyone to enjoy and explore the great parks in Irving.