TESTING CRITERIA FOR Free DRIVE-THRU AND WALK-UP LOCATIONS
Texas COVID-19 Testing Sites
Dallas County Drive-Thru Testing Sites
- Eastfield College, 3737 Motley Drive, Mesquite 75150. Testing is available 7 a.m. to 1 p.m., daily or until the daily testing limit is reached, Monday through Saturday (closed Sunday). Dallas County residency verification is required, such as a utility bill or library card.
- Ellis Davis Field House, 9191 South Polk Street, Dallas, 75232. Testing is available 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., daily or until the daily testing limit is reached, Monday through Saturday (closed Sunday).
Due to limited supply, locations close when daily testing limits are met. Learn more at the Dallas County testing site page.
Dallas County Walk-Up Testing Sites
Walk-up testing hours of operation are 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., daily or until the daily testing limit is reached, Tuesday through Saturday (closed Sunday and Monday). No appointment is required, and there is no cost for the test.
- West Dallas Multipurpose Center, 2828 Fish Trap Road, Dallas 75212
More Walk-up Testing
No appointment necessary. Open 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday to Friday, or until testing limits reach capacity. Closed Saturday and Sunday.
- Irving Health Center, 1800 N. Britain Road
- Sam Tasby Middle School, 7001 Fair Oaks Avenue, Dallas 75231
- Southeast Dallas Health Center (parking lot), 9202 Elam Road, Dallas 75217
OTHER TESTING SITES
Parkland Hospital offers COVID-19 testing at several of its community-based clinics. Testing at these locations is by appointment only for current Parkland patients who meet the medically necessary criteria with a Parkland physician’s order.
Parkland patients can contact the COVID-19 Patient Line at (214) 590-8060, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., daily, Monday - Friday.
CVS Health offers COVID-19 test sites at select CVS Pharmacy drive-thru locations across Texas. Five locations are located in Dallas County.
The new testing sites include these Irving locations:
These new sites will use self-swab tests and will be available to individuals who meet the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention criteria, in addition to age guidelines. Patients must register in advance at CVS.com to schedule an appointment.
Patients will be required to stay in their cars and directed to the pharmacy drive-thru window where they will be provided with a test kit and given instructions. A CVS Pharmacy team member will observe the self-swab process to ensure it is done properly. Tests will be sent to an independent, third-party lab for processing and the results will be available in approximately three days.
More information about CVS Health and their testing sites can be found at its COVID-19 resource center.
Kroger Health, the healthcare division of The Kroger Co., offers free drive-thru COVID-19 testing at 531 N. Garland Ave. Operating hours will be:
- 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Saturday and Monday
- 1 to 5 p.m., Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday
Register online, where you will be prescreened for eligibility. Those eligible will select a testing location and appointment time. Registrants will then receive an email confirmation with pre-appointment paperwork to complete. When arriving for a test, have photo ID ready and leave your window rolled up for check-in until a health care practitioner comes to the car to provide the patient with the test.
Walgreens conducts free drive-thru COVID-19 testing from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Testing is available to those 18 and older who meet the criteria of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), along with state and federal guidelines.
- 1330 N. Belt Line Road, Irving 75061
- 2060 S. Buckner Blvd., Dallas 75217
- 8600 Camp Bowie West Blvd., Fort Worth 76116
Patients are asked to schedule an appointment online prior to visiting the testing location. Walgreens pharmacists will oversee the nasal swab exams. Test results will be communicated to patients within two to three days.
For more information, including scheduling an appointment, visit Walgreens.com/Covid19Testing.
- 9410 Webb Chapel Road, Dallas 75220
- 15757 Coit Road, Dallas 75248
- 951 W. Belt Line Road, DeSoto 75115
- 5302 N Garland Ave., Garland 75040
- 2501 Lakeview Parkway, Rowlett 75088
Sites are open 7 a.m. to 9 a.m., Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Appointments are required. Those interested in being tested must visit DoINeedaCOVID19test.com to see if they are eligible for testing and to make an appointment.
Those being tested will need to wear a mask or cloth covering and stay in their cars for verification of eligibility criteria, ID check and the self-administered test. For the safety of all those on-site, the test site is not available to those who walk up.
The sites are supported by Walmart, eTrueNorth and state and local officials to test anyone who meets CDC, state and local guidelines on who should be tested, including first responders, health care providers and others with symptoms of COVID-19, as well as those in high-risk groups without symptoms. For questions regarding testing, call (800) 635-8611.