Library Facilities and Services
Due to an increase in COVID-19 cases and to protect the health and safety of employees and visitors, the South Irving Library, 601 Schulze Drive, Valley Ranch Library, 401 Cimarron Trail, and West Irving Library, 4444 W. Rochelle Road, will offer curbside and/or drive-thru service only, effective June 29 until further notice.
All Irving facilities will follow Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines regarding COVID-19 health recommendations.
Stay up-to-date on library changes by visiting Library’s Facebook and Twitter pages @IrvingLibrary.
Please be advised that facility operations are subject to change.
IRving public library locations
- South Irving Library, 601 Schulze Drive
- Valley Ranch Library, 401 Cimarron Trail
- West Irving Library, 4444 W. Rochelle Road
Hours of Operation
- 10 a.m. - 7 p.m. | Monday through Thursday
- 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. | Friday and Saturday
The East Library and Learning Center will remain closed until further notice.
When coming to the library for Curbside or Drive-Up Window services, all customers are asked to wear a mask when interacting with library staff.
Drive-Thru, Curbside Services
- South Irving Library, 601 Schulze Drive, (972) 721-2606
- Valley Ranch Library, 401 Cimarron Trail, (972) 721-4669
- West Irving Library, 4444 W. Rochelle Road, (972) 721-2691
How does Curbside work?
- Place your holds using the library’s catalog, library chat or call (972) 721-2691.
- Please wait for email confirmation that holds are ready for pick-up or wait the time period requested by staff for pulling the material.
- Visit the West Irving Library and park near the Curbside tent. Call (972) 721-2692 to speak with a staff member to bring your holds out to the tent for you to pick up.
- 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday-Thursday
- 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Friday-Saturday
Patrons may place holds through the library’s catalog and they will be notified through their chosen method when materials are available for pickup. Patrons may also make requests by phone or on the library website. Please allow at least 2 hours to process requests.
Patrons may return materials through the library book returns. Please allow three days for processing.
In addition to limited in-person services, and drive-thru and curbside pickup, Irving Public Library offers virtual programming and online chat services. From adult learning and job seeker assistance, to eBooks, movies, music, comics and magazines, the library works keeps residents informed and entertained.
- Stream digital entertainment: Hundreds of free eBooks, music, movies and more.
- Your first library card is free: Irving residents can sign up and renew online.
- Bring the Library Home with IPL Programming: Visit Facebook, Instagram and Twitter social media daily for online Storytime, crafting videos, book recommendations, zoom book clubs and more!
- Take an online class: Try Lynda, Creativebug, Mango and Learning Express, or research family history at Ancestry Online.
Visit the Virtual Programming page for more options to connect.