COVID-19 Vaccine Information
Individuals who received the first dose on Feb. 3 should come back to The Theatre at Grand Prairie on March 3 to receive the second dose. Read On...
Visit the Dallas County Health and Human Services registration portal or call 1-855-IMMUNE9 (1-855-466-8639) for registration assistance (available in English and Spanish, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., daily). Read On...
Vaccinations Administered: 1,500Updated: Feb. 11, 2021
The Irving-Grand Prairie Vaccination Site, 1001 Performance Place, Grand Prairie, TX 75050, is operating on an-as needed basis. At this time, vaccine supply is limited and are administered following Dallas County and state guidelines.
- Registration with Dallas County for the vaccine is required, and individuals must meet the state’s Phase 1A of 1B criteria to get an appointment.
- Walk-up vaccinations are not available.
VACCINATIONS ARE AVAILABLE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
The Dallas County Health and Human Services (DCHHS) COVID-19 vaccination registration and prescreening system serves Dallas County residents in Phase 1A or Phase 1B, as outlined by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS). While vaccine supply is extremely limited, DCHHS anticipates receiving additional supply in the coming weeks and months.
The registration website is for vaccination eligibility only at DCHHS, and not for all providers within Dallas County. In addition, Dallas County schedules all vaccine appointments and locations. Vaccination sites are provided a list of appointments from the county and cannot accept walk-up applicants.
VACCINE REGISTRATION PROCESS
- Visit the Dallas County Health and Human Services registration portal or call 1-855-IMMUNE9 (1-855-466-8639) for registration assistance (available in English and Spanish, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., daily).
- Complete the registration form.
- Residents will receive an email to confirm registration. The email will include frequently asked questions (FAQs) with additional information.
- Residents will be prioritized based on Texas DSHS criteria and will be contacted by Dallas County with an appointment location, date and time.
- On the appointment date, residents come to the vaccination site to receive their vaccination with a printed copy of their registration forms.
The joint Grand Prairie/Irving COVID-19 vaccination facility at The Theatre at Grand Prairie, 1001 Performance Place, Grand Prairie, TX 75050 (Belt Line Road just north of Interstate 30 next to Lone Star Park)), will reopen Feb. 10 to administer a shipment of 1,000 Moderna vaccine doses from the state. At this time vaccine supply is limited, and the facility will operate on an as-needed basis. When vaccines become regularly available, the site will operate Monday through Friday.
Registration for the vaccine is required, and individuals must meet the state’s criteria to get an appointment. Currently, COVID-19 vaccinations are available to people who qualify for Phase 1A or Phase 1B criteria. Walk-up vaccinations are not available.
The cities of Grand Prairie and Irving have partnered to operate a COVID-19 vaccination site in west Dallas County at The Theatre at Grand Prairie, 1001 Performance Place, Grand Prairie, TX 75050. The location is co-managed by the cities’ Emergency Management teams, and vaccines are administered by the Irving and Grand Prairie Fire Departments.
Grand Prairie / Irving Vaccination Location FAQs
- If I live in Grand Prairie or Irving and sign up on the Dallas County registration page, will I be assigned to The Theatre at Grand Prairie vaccine provider location?
The registration system attempts to match people with the closest location, but you may not be assigned to The Theatre at Grand Prairie provider location. You will be assigned to a location that has the vaccine ready for you.
- Will the Theatre at Grand Prairie provider location give Grand Prairie or Irving residents a priority?
No, appointments are assigned when vaccines are available, and applicants qualify per the state’s approved phase distribution process. Currently the state is administering vaccines for people in Phase 1A and 1B only.
- Do I need to show proof of residency?
No, The Theatre at Grand Prairie provider location and other state sites in the area are open to all Texans, regardless of where you live.
- Who will be giving the vaccines at The Theatre at Grand Prairie location?
Vaccines will be administered by Grand Prairie and Irving Fire Departments.
Beginning in January, Texas established large vaccination sites or hubs around the state. The goal of these hubs is to provide more people the vaccine and a simpler way to sign up for an appointment. Providers will focus on vaccinating areas and populations hardest hit by COVID‑19.
- Dallas County HHS Vaccine Registration Website
- Dallas County Drive-Thru and Second Dose FAQs in English and Spanish