To take part in City of Irving neighborhood programs, such as the Neighborhood Grant Program, organizations must register with the Communications Department - Neighborhood Services. While registration is voluntary, registered neighborhoods qualify for certain assistance and benefits outlined below.
To be considered a registered neighborhood the following requirements must be met:
- Provide completed registration form
- Provide current bylaws
Conduct a minimum of one annual meeting
- Provide contact information for a minimum of 3 board members including address, e-mail and phone number
- Promote collaboration, community, communication and goodwill among residents
Promote inclusion and acceptance of all and not practice discrimination against classes protected under federal law
- Receive city communications from multiple city departments about important neighborhood resources and citywide or local events, city initiatives and programs.
- Participate in the Neighborhood Grant Program
- Attend Neighborhood Officer quarterly roundtables
- Receive Neighborhood News digital newsletter