THE PHYSICAL AGILITY TEST IS DESIGNED TO DETERMINE IF A CANDIDATE IS CAPABLE OF PERFORMING THE PHYSICAL TASKS EXPECTED OF THE POSITION.
FIRE PREVENTION SPECIALIST PAT
- 1.5-mile run: This measures aerobic power or cardiovascular endurance (the ability to have stamina over time).
- Ladder Carry: The applicant will lift and carry an A-Frame ladder for a distance of 10 feet.
- Ladder Climb: The applicant will be required to climb to the top of a thirty-five foot (35’) ladder, dismount into the drill tower, remount and return to the ground.
- Balance Beam Walk (Horizontal): The applicant will be required to walk the entire length of a balance beam, turn around and walk back, without getting off the beam.
- Stair Climb and Extinguisher Carry: The applicant will be required to carry a 2-1/2” straight bore nozzle and section of 2-1/2” hose up the drill tower stairs to the fourth floor then carry an extinguisher weighing approximately 40 pounds from the fourth to the fifth floor of the drill tower and return it back to the fourth floor.
Physical Agility Test - Prevention