- Departments I - W
- Solid Waste Services
- Brush, Bulky Waste Collection
Brush and Bulky Waste Collection
The City of Irving Solid Waste Services Department provides brush and bulky waste collection to the residents of Irving.
Collection is on the same day as your trash pickup and curbside recycling. Call (972) 721-8059 for more information.
INTERIM SCHEDULE BEGINNING OCT. 1
Note: There will no longer be twice per week trash collection.
- All trash, recycling, brush and bulky collections are performed once per week on the same day. View the collection map.
- The city is divided into four service areas, and collection will take place on either Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday depending on where the resident lives.
- If collection day falls on a city holiday, collection will shift to the next day for each service day within the holiday week (Monday to Tuesday, Tuesday to Wednesday, Wednesday to Thursday and Thursday to Friday).
- Waste must be placed at curb by 7 a.m. on collection day and after 6 p.m. the night before collection.
- Residents can only place solid waste for collection at the address listed on their utility account.
- Trash, recycling, brush and bulky piles must be separated by 2 to 3 feet of unobstructed space.
- Bagged leaves will be picked up at the curb on a customer's regular collection day.
- During regular landfill hours, residents can bring the following items for disposal for no additional fee:
- Household trash
- Loose leaves (not contaminated)
- Loose grass clipping (not contaminated)
- Clean brush (not contaminated)
- Recyclable materials (not contaminated)
- Dirt, brick, gravel, etc. (not contaminated)
- Landfill fees will apply for construction and demolition debris. Residents may rent a roll-off container (roll-off fees apply) to dispose of these materials.
- Brush collection is limited to 4 cubic yards each week.
- Tree and shrub trimmings shall be cut in 4-foot lengths, weigh under 50 pounds and be placed with cut end toward the curb.
- Brush must be placed in an area free of obstructions (parked cars, overhead lines, mailboxes, fire hydrants, etc.) so the boom truck can easily access the debris without interference.
- Brush resulting from work performed by a contractor must be removed and disposed of by the contractor.
- A maximum of four bulky items is allowed for collection each week.
- Bulky must be placed in an area free of obstructions (parked cars, overhead lines, mailboxes, fire hydrants, etc.) so the boom truck can easily access the debris without interference.
- A bulky item is defined as a household item that is easily moveable around the house, for example, a sofa, chair, table, lamp, mattress, etc.
- When placing refrigerators at your curb for collection, please remove doors and contact Solid Waste Services to confirm collection day.
Items Not Collected Curbside
- Rock, scrap building material or other construction and demolition debris are not accepted for curbside pickup. Items prohibited either can be hauled to the landfill (fees apply) or contact the city for a roll-off container (fees apply).
- Items from general cleanup of vacant or improved property.