Hunter Ferrell Landfill Scalehouse and Administration Complex
Location and Hours of Operation
The landfill is located at 110 E. Hunter Ferrell Road, east of the intersection of MacArthur Boulevard and Hunter Ferrell Road. View location in Google Maps.
Landfill hours are 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday, except city-designated holidays. View the Upcoming Events page for details on holidays.
Contact the Solid Waste Services Department at (972) 721-8059.
- Only waste generated within the City of Irving is allowed.
- Proof of residency from either a driver’s license and a current water bill (the address must match), is required upon entry.
- Salvaging is not allowed.
- Individuals are responsible for unloading their waste materials at the designated area. Individuals not unloading waste, especially children, should remain in the car.
- Vehicles immobilized or left unattended will be towed at the owner’s expense.
Effective Oct. 1, 2021, the City of Irving’s Solid Waste Services Department assesses tipping fees to all customers using the Hunter Ferrell Landfill for disposal purposes. The tipping fee is $48 per ton and is charged at a rate of $12 for every 500 pounds (quarter-ton).
- Chemicals or flammable materials (i.e. gasoline, household cleaners, pool chemicals, etc.) or any waste that is considered hazardous, unidentifiable or questionable cannot be disposed of at the landfill.
Dallas County residents should call the Home Chemical Collection Center at (214) 553-1765 for more information on how to properly dispose of household hazardous materials. Irving residents also can dispose of household hazardous waste during special collection days throughout the year.
- Roofing materials are accepted from residents in vehicles, as described under the fees/charges section. Residents with roofing materials must have a roofing permit with the name and address matching their driver's license.
- Household paint must be put in sealed containers, preferably original container, not larger than 5 gallons in size. No more than 5 gallons at any one time.
- Used motor oil must be put in a container less than 1 gallon in size with a secure lid or cap. No more than 5 gallons at any one time.
- Automotive tires must be from a passenger car or light truck, only. If more than 5 tires are included in a load, a fee of $5 per tire will be assessed.
- Lead acid automotive batteries should be from a passenger car or light truck, only. No more than three at any one time.
- Appliances and metal materials are recycled at the landfill and must be separated from other waste. The vehicle fees stated above still apply.
Irving residents have free access to drop off limited items at the Hunter Ferrell Landfill, 110 E. Hunter Ferrell Road. To access the landfill for free, residents must provide identification (drivers license, state identification card, etc.) and an Irving utility bill with a matching address.
Free Daily Drop-Off Service
During regular landfill hours, residents can bring the following items for disposal for no additional fee:
- Up to 150 pounds of bagged household trash
- Loose leaves (not contaminated)
- Loose grass clipping (not contaminated)
- Clean brush (not contaminated)
- Recyclable materials (not contaminated)
- Dirt, brick, gravel, etc. (not contaminated)
Standard landfill fees apply to construction and demolition debris. Leaves, grass clippings, brush, recyclables and other accepted items must be separated and not contain other materials or trash.