Community Development Division
The City of Irving’s Community Development division (formerly Housing and Human Services Department) helps provide housing-related and social services to stabilize neighborhoods and to help reduce the effects of poverty on Irving residents through the U.S. Department of Housing Urban Development (HUD) funds.
Some of the duties of the Community Development division include:
- Manage the home restoration program.
- Administer the down payment assistance program.
- Help construct and rehabilitate affordable homes in the community.
- Provide social services.
- Provide homeless services.
The Planning and Community Development Department annually receives grant funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The Community Development and Housing division administers three primary HUD grants:
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Opens a New Window.
- Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) Opens a New Window.
- Home Investment Partnerships Grant (HOME) Opens a New Window.
These programs help improve quality of life for those in need who qualify.
CDBG, ESG, and Home funds
The Planning and Community Development Department is seeking eligible non-profits to apply for Community Development Block Grant - Public Services, HOME Investment Partnership Grant, and Emergency Solutions Grant funds.
Non-profit agencies wishing to apply for 2019-20 CDBG, ESG, and HOME Public Services Funds click link below.
The City of Irving's CAPER reports on the following federal block grant programs: Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG); Home Investment Partnerships Program (HOME); and the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG). The CAPER outlines progress made in achieving goals established in the FY 2014-2019 Five-Year Consolidated Plan and the FY 2017-2018 Annual Action Plan.
See link below for publications.
Section 8 Information
The City of Irving does not currently administer Section 8 rental assistance vouchers; however, it does accept the vouchers. Contact one of the following Housing Authorities for assistance:
- Arlington Housing Authority Opens a New Window. at (817) 275-3351
- Dallas Housing Authority Opens a New Window. at (214) 951-8300
- Grand Prairie Housing Authority Opens a New Window. at (972) 237-8176