Homelessness Assistance Program (Rapid Rehousing)

If you have already submitted an application, call (972) 721-4899 to check your application status. Do not submit another application as it will delay the process.

This program provides rehousing assistance to eligible Irving residents who are currently homeless. Persons fleeing domestic violence should first contact the National Domestic Violence Hotline at (800) 799-7233.

A homeless person is:

  • someone living in a place not meant for habitation (on the street, in a car, in a park, etc.), 
  • someone living in an emergency shelter including a hotel/motel paid by a nonprofit or faith-based organization, or 
  • someone who is fleeing domestic violence. 

Minimum Requirements/Documentation that will need to be uploaded to the application, but not limited to:

  • Must be homeless in the City of Irving
  • Proof of household members
  • Proof of income for all household members, if any
  • Valid identification
  • Head(s) of Household must be a legal resident or U.S citizen
  • Birth certificates for all minor children
  • Proof of homelessness documentation
  • Additional documents may be needed after assessment of your application


Complete a full application online at Homeless Assistance Application

  • Register for an account. Need help registering? - Click Here
  • Once registered, login into the portal and select "Homeless Assistance Program" to begin the application process.
  • Once all application sections have been completed along with the appropriate documents uploaded, you may submit your application. 
  • Call (972) 721-4899 for application assistance and questions.

Homeless persons who are without phone or internet service may visit the department offices in person for initial screening between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. on weekdays.

Section 8 Information

The City of Irving does not currently administer Section 8 rental assistance vouchers. However, certain properties within the city do accept the vouchers. Contact one of the following Housing Authorities for assistance or more information:

Or search for a Housing Authority in other areas you may be interested in: