|All applicants must create an account and fill out an online employment application to be considered for a position with the City of Irving. |
If you experience any problems with the application system, please contact Human Resources at (972) 721-2696.
The City of Irving does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression/reassignment, pregnancy or maternity, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Qualifications given in the job description represent only the minimum qualifications necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
In addition to the qualifications, the minimum age requirement for regular full- and part-time employment is 18, with the exception of Aquatic Center Lifeguards (part-time). For seasonal employment, the minimum age is 16.
Preference for interviews by the department are given to the most qualified applicants who may possess more specific education and/or experience than is given in a particular job description.
- Duties shown in the job description represent a summary of the essential duties and responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned.
- An applicant wishing to apply for a different position while still under consideration for another must complete a new application.
- If you are interested in registering for the next Firefighter or Police Officer entrance examination, complete the registration form. Registrants will be notified when an examination has been scheduled.
- If you are interested in applying for another open employment opportunity, view the City of Irving Employment Opportunities page.
- Employment applications close at 5 p.m. Central time on the closing date posted. Applications must be complete and submitted prior to that deadline.
- The City of Irving requires pre-employment drug screening.