Plans, Reports, and Maps
The City of Irving adopted its 2017 Comprehensive Plan, called "Imagine Irving," on July 20, 2017. This plan is currently being reviewed for a 2022 update, and proposed changes can found in the updates section below.
A Comprehensive Plan describes a community's vision for its future and charts the course that the community will follow to achieve that vision.
The City of Irving's "Imagine Irving" plan will guide the community forward as it transitions from focusing on new development to encouraging redevelopment and enhancing existing neighborhoods and commercial areas, while ensuring an economically sustainable future where the infrastructure, housing and service needs of future residents and property owners can be met without reliance upon outside funding sources.
The plan will guide Irving as it prepares to accommodate its share of future population and employment growth in the North Texas region, and it will help maintain the city's position as the model for safe and beautiful neighborhoods, a vibrant economy, and exceptional recreational, cultural and educational opportunities.
Reports and Updates
Proposed draft of the 2022 Imagine Irving Comprehensive Plan with changes marked.
2017 Imagine Irving Comprehensive Plan with areas where edits are proposed marked.
List of proposed changes between the draft 2022 Imagine Irving Comprehensive Plan and the 2017 Imagine Irving Comprehensive Plan.
Imagine Irving Comprehensive Plan Implementation Report-July 2021 presented at the July 1, 2021 City Council Work Session as part of Item 7.
Master Thoroughfare Plan 2021- The updated plan for the City of Irving road network.
City of Irving Housing Plan
The City of Irving Housing Plan discusses the nature of the housing market in Irving and proposes several strategies which may be useful in addressing local housing needs. These strategy recommendations may form the basis for new planning and assistance programs to ensure that the City of Irving continues to meet the housing needs of current and future residents and employers.
Reports and Presentations
- Market Value Analysis Report (PDF) and Presentation (PDF)-A discussion and analysis of the housing and real estate market in Irving. The presentation was given to the City Council's Community Services Committee on October 3, 2019.
- How Residential Development is Financed (PDF) - A presentation conducted on February 20, 2020 to give an overview of the financial considerations behind residential developments.
- Reducing Housing Development Costs (PDF) - A presentation conducted on February 21, 2020 to discuss ways to reduce development costs so a broader range of price points can be met by new construction.
- Increasing Access to Capital (PDF) - A presentation conducted on March 3, 2020 to discuss ways to access funding for new development that serves a broader range of the residential market.
- Programs, Tools and Strategies (PDF) - A presentation conducted on March 3, 2020 to discuss options the city may have to encourage residential development that meets underserved market segments.
Disclaimer / Limitation of Liability
Maps shown or linked from this page are for informational purposes and may not have been prepared for or be suitable for legal, engineering or surveying purposes. They do not represent on-the-ground surveys and represent only the approximate relative location of property or zoning district boundaries. All data, specifically including the geographic data presented in these maps are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, or statutory, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The user assumes the entire risk as to the quality and performance of the data.
New Development Maps
- New Development Locations List (PDF)
- Map A (PDF)
- Map B (PDF)
- Map C (PDF)
- Map D (PDF)
- Map E (PDF)
- Map F (PDF)
- Map G (PDF)
- Map H (PDF)