Swim Classes and Programs
Learn great skills to get ready for trips to the beach or a day on the water at a lake. Irving has easy access to neighborhood pools and welcoming aquatics staff. Fun for the whole family, learning to swim is an investment in life that lasts a lifetime.
Reasons to Swim
- Swimming is an essential life-saving skill.
- Swimming improves children’s confidence.
- Swimming keeps heart and lungs healthy.
- And builds strength and stamina.
For more information, class session dates and times, visit Soggy Zoggy or call (972) 721-7310.
- Mom and Tot – A great way to begin a lifetime of swimming. Parent and child work together in the water on foundation water skills.
- PreK – Designed for 3- and 4-year-olds and is limited to four students for extra attention.
- Learn to Swim (LTS) Level 1 – New swimmers, ages 4-6, learn to go under the water and learn basic water safety skills.
- LTS Level 2 – Beginner students, ages 5-7, learn how to swim horizontal in the water and learn to breathe while swimming. Perfect for dog paddlers.
- LTS Level 3 – Learn to turn head to breath and swim 3 yards independently, ages 7 and older with previous lessons. Designed for a child that can raise his/her head up out of the water while swimming.
- LTS Level 4 – For advanced swimmers who want to learn different swimming strokes.
- Adult Classes – It’s never too late to learn to swim, and no better time than now. Adult swim classes are for ages 14 and older.
- Special Needs – While not a swimming lesson, this program allows opportunities for children with special challenges to experience guided movement and exercise in a new environment.
- Private Lessons – To accelerate learning or just want to work on a particular skill, create a custom class.
- Water Aerobics – This class is a way to begin or add some variety to an exercise program. Water aerobics can be ideal for a low-impact exercise or recovering from an injury.
Heritage Aquatic Center
200 S. Jefferson St.
Learn more about the facility.
Classes offered on Saturday mornings and Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
Classes available: Special needs child and youth; LTS Levels: 1, 2, 3 and PreK