The Budget Office is a division of the Financial Services Department responsible for developing and publishing the city's annual operating and capital budgets. The Budget Office also analyzes revenue and expenditures trends throughout the year and assists with special projects assigned by city management.
The city operates an annual budget with the fiscal year beginning on Oct. 1 and ending on Sept. 30. The City Manager is responsible for proposing an annual operating budget to City Council at least 30 days prior to the adoption of the tax rate. The budget, tax rate and certified tax roll are adopted each year by City Council. Residents and business owners are encouraged to provide comments and feedback related to the budget, tax rate and charges for services throughout the annual budget process.
Planning for the city’s 2020-21 fiscal year (FY) budget is underway, and residents have the opportunity to provide input on the budget. Comments can be made to the City Council on any aspect of the budget including tax rates, fees, programs and services. Read on...
- Budget Adjustment 1
- Budget Adjustment 2
- Budget Adjustment 3
- Budget Adjustment 4
- Budget Adjustment 5
- City of Irving Adopted Budget FY 2018-19
- City of Irving Proposed Budget FY 2018-19
- FY 18-19 Budget Retreat Presentations
- Notice of Tax Rate 2018
- Preliminary Bond Authorization Capacity (PDF)
- Preliminary Employee Health Care Update (PDF)
- Preliminary Solid Waste Services Outlook (PDF)
- Preliminary Tax Rate and CIP Plan (PDF)
- Preliminary Vehicle and Equipment Replacement Update (PDF)
- Preliminary FY 17-18 Update and FY 18-19 Outlook (PDF)
- Preliminary MDU Proposed Budget (PDF)
- Preliminary Over 65 Property Tax Exemption (PDF)