The Budget Office is a division of the Financial Services Department responsible for developing and publishing the city's annual operating and capital budgets. The Budget Office also analyzes revenue and expenditures trends throughout the year and assists with special projects assigned by city management.
The city operates an annual budget with the fiscal year beginning on Oct. 1 and ending on Sept. 30. The City Manager is responsible for proposing an annual operating budget to City Council at least 30 days prior to the adoption of the tax rate.
The budget, tax rate and certified tax roll are adopted each year by City Council. Residents and business owners are encouraged to provide comments and feedback related to the budget, tax rate and charges for services throughout the annual budget process.
- 2021 Notice of Public Hearing
- 2021 Notice of Tax Rates
- City of Irving FY 2021-22 Budget Retreat Presentations
- City of Irving FY 2021-22 General Fund Proposed Budget Book 1
- City of Irving FY 2021-22 Proposed Budget Other Funds Book 2
- May Budget and Strategic Planning Meeting Presentations
- Notice of Public Hearing Sept 9 2021
- City of Irving FY20-21 Adopted Budget Book
- City of Irving 2021 Budget Cover Page
- FY 2020-21 Budget Summary (PDF)
- Budget Retreat Presentations
- Budget Retreat Special Session
- City of Irving FY20-21 Proposed Budget Book 1 General Fund
- City of Irving FY20-21 Proposed Budget Book 2 Other Funds
- July 30, 2020 Strategic Plan Presentations
- June 25, 2020 Strategic Plan Presentations
- May 20, 2020 Strategic Plan Presentations
- Notice of Public Hearing for FY 2020-21 City of Irving Budget
- Property Tax Rate Notice 2020