The Budget Office is a division of the Financial Services Department responsible for developing and publishing the city's annual operating and capital budgets. The Budget Office also analyzes revenue and expenditures trends throughout the year and assists with special projects assigned by city management.
The city operates an annual budget with the fiscal year beginning on October 1 and ending on September 30. The City Manager is responsible for proposing an annual operating budget to City Council at least 30 days prior to the adoption of the tax rate. The budget, tax rate, and certified tax roll are adopted each year by City Council. Residents and business owners are encouraged to provide comments and feedback related to the budget, tax rate, and charges for services throughout the annual budget process.
The EZ Budget is an interactive tool to help residents visualize the city's annual operating budget and better understand how tax dollars are spent. Irving strives to be transparent in how the city invests resources to help make Irving a great place to live, work, and play. The interactive EZ Budget may be accessed online. View the tutorial video.
Residents are invited to provide input on the Fiscal Year 2018-19 budget to help shape the future of the City of Irving. Read on...
The Irving City Council has unanimously approved an increase to the property tax exemption to $45,000 of taxable value for residents who are at least 65 years old or disabled. Read on...
- City of Irving Proposed Budget FY 2018-19
- FY 18-19 Budget Retreat Presentations
- Notice of Tax Rate 2018
- Preliminary Bond Authorization Capacity (PDF)
- Preliminary Employee Health Care Update (PDF)
- Preliminary Solid Waste Services Outlook (PDF)
- Preliminary Tax Rate and CIP Plan (PDF)
- Preliminary Vehicle and Equipment Replacement Update (PDF)
- Preliminary FY 17-18 Update and FY 18-19 Outlook (PDF)
- Preliminary MDU Proposed Budget (PDF)
- Preliminary Over 65 Property Tax Exemption (PDF)
- FY 2016-17 Adopted Budget (PDF)
- FY 2016-17 Adopted Budget Cover Page (PDF)
- FY 2016-17 City Manager's Proposed Budget (PDF)
- FY 2016-17 City Manager's Proposed Budget Message (PDF)
- FY 2016-17 Budget Retreat Supplemental Materials (PDF)
- Notice of Tax Rate - Tax Year 2016 (PDF)
- FY 2016-17 Budget Overview (PDF)
- FY 2015-16 Adopted Budget (PDF)
- FY 2014-15 Adopted Budget (PDF)
- FY 2013-14 Adopted Budget (PDF)
- FY 2012-13 Budget (PDF)
- FY 2011-12 Budget (PDF)
- FY 2010-11 Budget (PDF)
- FY 2010-11 CIP (PDF)
- FY 2009-10 Budget (PDF)
- FY 2009-10 CIP (PDF)
- FY 2008-09 Budget (PDF)
- FY 2007-08 Budget (PDF)
- FY 2007-08 CIP (PDF)
- FY 2006-07 Budget (PDF)