For stakeholders unable to attend the monthly Irving Boulevard Reconstruction meetings, the City of Irving provides updates online to stay on top of the latest news. In addition, subscribers receive post-meeting digital newsletters providing a summary of the most recent meeting. Subscribe now.
Feb. 8 Meeting Highlights
Project is 7.25% complete.
- Contractor has installed 500 linear feet (LF) of 12-inch diameter water main up Joe’s Coffee Shop driveway; remaining portion up to O’Connor Road will be installed over the next month.
- Completed installation of 60-inch storm drainage system up to west side of O’Connor.
- Approximately 650 LF of 12-inch wastewater main installed up to the west side of O’Connor. Open cut trenching has begun in the O’Connor/Irving Boulevard intersection.
New 60-inch RCP storm outfall and restored side slope at Delaware Creek.
Open-cut trench for deep wastewater installation.
What is happening this month?
- Work continues on the wastewater main installation through the O’Connor Road/Irving Boulevard intersection.
- Stormwater and then water lines installation will follow to cross the intersection toward the east.
Traffic Pattern Changes
The intersection at O’Connor Road and Irving Blvd is closed to install underground utilities to the east, crossing O’Connor Road. This closure is estimated to last through April 25, weather permitting.
Traffic detours at Main Street. One lane of Irving Boulevard remains open for traffic to access businesses between Main Street and O’Connor. Read more...
View the March stakeholder meeting presentation.
Watch the March stakeholder meeting on-demand.
NEXT STAKEHOLDER MEETING: March 12
Project staff host monthly stakeholder meetings the second Tuesday of the month at 10 a.m. at the Jack D. Huffman Building, 801 W. Irving Blvd., to share project updates.
March 12 is the next scheduled meeting. Details will be available soon.