For stakeholders unable to attend the monthly Irving Boulevard Reconstruction meetings, the City of Irving provides updates online to stay on top of the latest news. In addition, subscribers receive post-meeting digital newsletters providing a summary of the most recent meeting. Subscribe now.
April 12 Meeting Highlights
Project is 18% complete.
- More than 900 liner feet (LF) of storm pipe has been installed up to the Comerica Bank.
- Work has continued to extend the wastewater main south of the O’Connor Road/Irving Boulevard intersection.
- The sanitary sewer has been installed up to Ohio Street.
- Water main is installed up to O’Connor Road, and work toward the south within O’Connor Road has begun. Once Atmos completes gas line relocations, additional utility crews will begin water main construction on the east side of project, moving west.
Trench box for wastewater pipe installation.
Looking south on O'Connor Road at the proposed 12-inch water and 12-inch wastewater installation.
What is happening this month?
- Continuation east of the wastewater main and manhole installation toward Ohio Street.
- Installation of water main east of O’Connor Road. Water main installation begins on eastern project limits (Strickland Plaza).
- Storm system installed toward east
- Demolition work to begin in April of existing pavement between O’Connor and Sowers roads.
Traffic Pattern Changes
The Irving Boulevard/O’Connor Road intersection remains closed through Aug. 31. The time extension allows for crews to perform additional work, including the installation of new roadway pavement, sidewalks and traffic signals. Read more...
View the April stakeholder meeting presentation.
Watch the April stakeholder meeting on-demand.
NEXT STAKEHOLDER MEETING: May 10
Project staff host monthly stakeholder meetings the second Tuesday of the month at 10 a.m. at the Jack D. Huffman Building, 801 W. Irving Blvd., to share project updates.
May 10 is the next scheduled meeting. Details will be available soon.