For stakeholders unable to attend the monthly Irving Boulevard Reconstruction meetings, the City of Irving provides updates online to stay on top of the latest news. In addition, subscribers receive post-meeting digital newsletters providing a summary of the most recent meeting. Subscribe now.
May 10 Meeting Highlights
Project is 18.77% complete.
- Contractor has installed 360 linear feet (LF) of 54-inch storm pipe past the O’Connor intersection, nearing the Hastings Street intersection.
- More than 1,100 LF of wastewater installed through the O’Connor intersection, installed up to Hastings Street
- Water main installation has been installed up to the McDonald’s driveway. Contractor has installed four water services to various businesses.
- Water main installation on eastern project limit (Strickland Plaza) has slowed due to underground duct bank conflicts (gas and other utilities).
Storm pipe installed with crushed rock embedment.
Temporary asphalt after 12-inch wastewater install.
What is happening this month?
- Contractor will halt water and storm main installation to focus on wastewater main installation up to Britain by or near July 2022.
- Once wastewater is installed up to Britain, contractor will return to install storm main moving east.
- Demolition and removal of existing pavement between O’Connor and Sowers will continue, prepping for main lane paving and targeting completion by end of August 2022.
Is the project still on schedule?
The project has experienced some weather delays and unknown underground conflicts. However, crews adapted to work on installation of the next underground utility to keep project moving forward while working through an underground conflict impacting current utility main installation. This has helped to keep the project on schedule and moving forward.
Can we expect the traffic pattern to stay in place?
There will be changes to the current traffic pattern as installation of the utilities move east. However, drivers can expect only one lane open to through traffic to continue for some time as the installation of underground utilities moves east.
HASTINGS STREET CLOSURE
N. Hastings Street, from Irving Boulevard to the PNC Bank driveway will be closed from Monday, May 9 through Saturday, May 21, weather permitting, for the installation of a wastewater manhole and wastewater main.
Motorists are advised to follow detour signs and seek alternate routes when possible.
View the May stakeholder meeting presentation.
Watch the May stakeholder meeting on-demand.
NEXT STAKEHOLDER MEETING: June 14
Project staff host monthly stakeholder meetings the second Tuesday of the month at 10 a.m. at the Jack D. Huffman Building, 801 W. Irving Blvd., to share project updates.
June 14 is the next scheduled meeting. Details will be available soon.