Let’s take a quick detour during our Open House Month to explore the new and improved Irving Public Library website! We consider the website our fifth branch of the library because the website is always accessible, even when our library branches close for the night or holidays. On the website you can access a wide range of services available to you with your Irving Library Card. From checking out eBooks, renewing your physical materials, finding homework help for your kids, to even emailing your PIN to yourself. There is so much you can do online with your library card and it’s all just a click, maybe two clicks, away from the library homepage.
We hope you find the new site easy to navigate with some cool new features. Take a moment to familiarize yourself with the website and then start clicking around to discover what our fifth branch has to offer.
1. The Irving Public Library logo is located in the top left corner of the website. Click on the logo at any time to return to the library homepage.
2. The search bar is located in the top right corner on all pages. The most common use for the search bar is to access and search the catalog for books, audiobooks, movies and music CDs. You can also click on “Site Search” to quickly find the information you’re looking for by searching keywords, for example “workforce” or “book club”. (Note: The Site Search option will search all City of Irving websites, including library pages.)
3. The top navigation menu will appear on all pages. Hover over the categories to display a submenu of library services and information.
4. The website header is where we feature services, timely events or programs, and library news with rotating, eye-catching banners. Click on the banners at any time to learn more.
5. The buttons with light purple icons will take you to key pages with information on library services and programs tailored specifically to kids, teens and adults. Or discover our digital library and online course options. There is also a button to learn about supporting the library and the many possible ways to contribute.
6. The Popular Links bar appears on all pages. These links are the most common website actions by library patrons so we put them on one easy-to-see row for your convenience.
7. Under Latest News & Announcements we feature important and timely stories about library news, events, services, and more. Click on the left and right arrows to navigate through all available stories.
8. In the Upcoming Meetings & Events section you will find a calendar for library events. You can click on the different tabs to view All Events which includes family-friendly events, Adults, and Kids & Teens. Only upcoming events will be visible on the preview window, click on the yellow “View all events” button to see all upcoming events for that month. The details screen for a specific event will include a description with the date, time, location and room information.