What is curb appeal? The visual attractiveness of a home from the street. How can property owners enhance the curb appeal of their homes and businesses for little to no money? The City of Irving's Code Enforcement department offers ideas:
- Pick up litter, trash and debris on the property.
- Refrain from parking on the grass or lawn.
- Mow, edge and sweep grass back onto the lawn instead of into the street.
- Take trash out on the morning of collection day.
- Store items not intended for outdoor use inside the home or garage.
- Apply a fresh coat of paint to the exterior of a home or other buildings on the property.
- Ensure address numbers are applied to the exterior of the structure and are visible from the street.
- Keep the home or business well-lit and bushes trimmed.
- Pick up and recycle newspapers, or call the distributor directly to discontinue service.