News Flash

Code Enforcement Updates

Posted on: April 24, 2019

Is This a Violation?


The following conditions are treated as code violations on private property zoned for residential, commercial, multifamily, manufactured housing and vacant lots:

  • High Grass and Weeds
  • Illegal Land Use/Zoning
  • Outside Junk, Litter or Debris
  • Parking on unimproved surface
  • Inoperable/Wrecked Vehicles
  • Dilapidated Fences
  • Deteriorated Building Exteriors
  • Minimum Building Conditions (Apartments/Hotels/Fourplex/Manufactured Housing)


  • Noise complaints or on-street/public right-of-way violations - such as vehicles abandoned, parked the wrong way, causing a visibility obstruction, oversized commercial vehicles parked in residential areas or expired tags - call Police Non-Emergency at (972) 273-1010.
  • Animal concerns and noise complaints, contact Animal Services at (972) 721-2256.
  • A structure or fence under construction without a permit, or to submit a food establishment health complaint, call Inspections at (972) 721-2371 or email Inspections Office.
  • Graffiti, call Streets (972) 721-2201.
  • A neighbor violating water restrictions or blowing leaves into the street/gutters, call Water Utilities (972) 721-2281.
  • Shopping carts on the sidewalk or street, or excessive amounts of trash/debris in the street/curb, call Parks and Recreation (972) 721-2501.
  • Trash, recycling or brush pickup information, contact Solid Waste Services (972) 721-8059 or check the department's Quick Links.

Submit a Code Complaint online, contact the Code Enforcement Department at (972) 721-4829 during business hours or (972) 721-4929 (automated), or email to

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in Code Enforcement Updates