The City of Irving recently completed renovations on the Cimarron Family Aquatic Center. The facility is scheduled to reopen on Memorial Day weekend.
The city’s first water park was in need of repairs to its gutter system, which controls how water flows in and out of the pool. The $712,000 project includes the installation of a new concrete gutter system, along with plastic grate covers and reconstructed pool piping, upgraded underwater lighting, a refurbished play unit and new pool plaster.
The updates will not only enhance the look and user experience at the water park, and will ensure that the facility runs efficiently and provides reliable service during its busy summer season.
Facility Fast Facts:
Cimarron Family Aquatic Center, located at 199 Red River Trail, has been an Irving staple since it opened in 2008. The facility:
- Celebrated its grand opening 11 years ago on Memorial Day weekend.
- Is the city’s first water park.
- Holds 190,000 gallons of water in the main pool and 5,200 gallons in the toddler pool.
- Features a five-lane lap pool, splash pool and zero-depth entry pools; water wheelchairs, playground and slides; and special needs accessibility.
- Offers outdoor shade awnings; a concession stand; and an active Learn to Swim program for children and adults.
View more news and information about Irving’s Infrastructure investments by searching #IrvingInvests.