Often called the silent killer, CARBON MONOXIDE is an invisible, odorless, colorless gas created when fuels, such as gasoline, wood, coal, natural gas, propane and oil, burn incompletely. Carbon Monoxide enters the body through breathing. Carbon Monoxide poisoning can be confused with flu symptoms, food poisoning and other illnesses. Some symptoms include shortness of breath, nausea, dizziness, light headedness or headaches.
Carbon Monoxide is very deadly. Please be aware of the dangers of Carbon Monoxide if you have fuel-burning appliances in your homes. Please keep these safety tips in mind to help prevent Carbon Monoxide poisoning: