For stakeholders unable to attend the monthly Irving Boulevard Reconstruction meetings, the City of Irving will provide updates online to stay on top of the latest news. In addition, subscribers will receive post-meeting digital newsletters providing a summary of the most recent meeting. Subscribe now.
Nov. 9, 2021, Meeting Highlights
What can the community expect over the next several months?
- The two-year construction project starts Nov. 15.
- Phase 1 will include the closure of Irving Boulevard between O’Connor and Sowers Roads to westbound traffic until July 2022, weather permitting.
- The project starts will the installation of sanitary sewer lines at Delaware Creek and will move from west to east.
- Once sanitary sewer installation is complete, installation of storm sewer followed by water main lines will occur.
- When all three utilities are installed up to O’Connor, demolition of flat work will begin. Main lane paving will take place up to O’Connor.
- Phase 1 expected to last eight months, weather permitting.
happening In November
- Barricades will close off the roadway segment between Sowers and O’Connor Roads.
- Signs will be placed for the detour to Pioneer Drive.
- Contractor will move in equipment and begin work to assess potential conflicting underground utilities.
- Excavation begins at Delaware Creek, moving east along Irving Boulevard.
Who do I contact if contractor is parking on my private property?
For on-site issues, contact Irving Capital Improvement Program Senior Engineering Inspector Brad Hatch via email or call (972) 989-2736. Hatch will be on-site every day to monitor the work of the project’s contractor, Tiseo Paving Co.