For stakeholders unable to attend the monthly Irving Boulevard Reconstruction meetings, the City of Irving will provide updates online to stay on top of the latest news. In addition, subscribers will receive post-meeting digital newsletters providing a summary of the most recent meeting. Subscribe now.
Dec. 14 Meeting Highlights
Project is 3% complete.
- Traffic control plan implemented.
- Bore and carrier pipe have been installed to Irving Boulevard from Delaware Creek.
- Contractor started excavation towards the east and is installing wastewater main by open cut.
What is happening this month?
- Contractor will continue to install manholes on the wastewater main as work moves toward O’Connor Road.
- Installation will continue toward the east rather diligently, as several utility conduits are above the wastewater main installation.
Contractor installing a 12-inch diameter wastewater pipe.
Concrete manhole set at the end of a bore, installed at intersection of an alignment change.
Can we expect other road closures during the project?
- The current closure of Irving Boulevard between Sowers and O’Connor is the only fully closed portion anticipated for the project.
- Once that section is complete, future lane closures along Irving Boulevard will occur, but at least one lane will remain open for through traffic.
Who do I contact if contractor is parking on my private property?
For on-site issues, contact Irving Capital Improvement Program Senior Engineering Inspector Brad Hatch via email or call (972) 989-2736. Hatch will be on-site every day to monitor the work of the project’s contractor, Tiseo Paving Co.