For stakeholders unable to attend the monthly Irving Boulevard Reconstruction meetings, the City of Irving provides updates online to stay on top of the latest news. In addition, subscribers receive post-meeting digital newsletters providing a summary of the most recent meeting. Subscribe now.
Jan. 11 Meeting Highlights
Project is 3.75% complete.
- Contractor has installed more than 400 linear feet (LF) of 12-inch wastewater main from the east side of Delaware Creek to the west side of S. O’Connor Road.
- The boring operation completed for the 12-inch water main crossing Delaware Creek located on south side of Irving Boulevard, along with the encasement and carrier 110 linear water pipe placed within it.
Installing 12-inch line by open cut between Joan's Car Wash and Joe's Coffee Shop.
What is happening this month?
- Contractor will continue to install manholes on the wastewater main as work moves toward O’Connor Road.
- Installation will continue toward the east rather diligently, as several utility conduits are above the wastewater main installation.
When will Irving Boulevard Reopen?
- The entire project is estimated to run two years, weather permitting.
- The currently closed portion between Sowers and S. O’Connor is expected to reopen July 2022, weather permitting.
- Once that section is complete, future lane closures along Irving Boulevard will occur, but at least one lane will remain open for through traffic.
Installing 20-inch diameter steel encasement by bore for water main under Delaware Creek.
NEXT STAKEHOLDER MEETING: FEB. 8
Project staff host monthly stakeholder meetings the second Tuesday of the month at 10 a.m. at the Jack D. Huffman Building, 801 W. Irving Blvd., to share project updates.
Feb. 8 is the next scheduled meeting. Details will be available soon.