Beautiful neighborhoods with well-kept homes contribute to the health and overall quality of life in Irving. The city's outside storage ordinance ensures that equipment, materials or furnishings that would ordinarily not be used outdoors are stored appropriately and out of view.
In 2021, Irving Code Enforcement received 543 outside storage complaints, and residents play a key role in keeping the city clean and orderly. Help maintain the natural beauty of Irving neighborhoods by keeping your property free of illegal outside storage items, including:
- Trash bags or other debris
- Building materials
- Wrecked, dismantled, inoperable vehicle
- Truck tractor parked on driveway
- Inoperable vehicle parked in street
- Oversized commercial boxed truck
- Car parts, mechanical equipment and tires
- Any vehicle, boat, trailer that is parked on an unimproved surface
Some items are acceptable for outside storage when placed in approved areas. Examples include outdoor furniture, barbecue grills, children’s toys, playground equipment, hot tubs, satellite antennas and yard swings in rear or side yards.
Visit CityofIrving.org/Code-Enforcement to report code violations or call (972) 721-4929.