What should I do if sewerage is backing up?
Locate the sewer cleanout outside your house, remove the cap, and immediately call Water Utilities at (972) 721-2261. The sewer cleanout is usually capped with a white, square, plastic piece about 4 inches above the ground. The exact location varies from home to home, or could be hidden or buried by a previous owner. As the property owner, it is your responsibility to maintain the cleanout.

A crew will be dispatched to determine if the blockage is the city’s responsibility or if you will need to call a plumber.

Show All Answers

1. What should I do if sewerage is backing up?
2. Will the City of Irving repair leaks inside my home?
3. Who do I call about low water pressure to my home?
4. Can the City of Irving recommend a good plumber?