Can I have a guest quarters on my property?
In order to add guest quarters as an accessory structure, one must request a zoning change for site plan zoning allowing the construction of the guest quarters. The owners of all properties within 200-ft of your site will be notified of your request and be permitted to speak at the City Council public hearing either in support or opposition to your request. After hearing your request and the concerns of interested parties, City Council will determine whether a guest quarters should be allowed on your property or not.

Show All Answers

1. What is the Planning Department?
2. Do I need a permit to do any type of construction on my property?
3. What is the zoning of my property?
4. What is the process to apply for a zoning verification letter?
5. Is my property zoned to sell beer and wine?
6. Can I change the zoning of my property?
7. How do I report zoning violations?
8. Can I do business out of my home?
9. What are the regulations for accessory buildings?
10. Can I have a guest quarters on my property?
11. Can I build a carport on my property?
12. Is my property platted?
13. How do I obtain a copy of a plat or a property survey?
14. What is the process of rezoning / platting?
15. Where can I find samples of the standardized language that is required on a plat?