What are the regulations for accessory buildings?

These vary with each individual zoning district and type of accessory structure. It is best to contact the Planning Department and speak with a zoning specialist concerning the restrictions on your particular property. Generally, there are building separation and setback requirements. Chapter 3, Section 3.1 of the Unified Development Code describes some of the regulations on Accessory Buildings, and your property’s zoning district may have additional restrictions on type and placement.

Show All Answers

1. What is the Planning Department?
2. Do I need a permit to do any type of construction on my property?
3. What is the zoning of my property?
4. What is the process to apply for a zoning verification letter?
5. Is my property zoned to sell beer and wine?
6. Can I change the zoning of my property?
7. How do I verify zoning violations?
8. Can I do business out of my home?
9. What are the regulations for accessory buildings?
10. Can I have a guest quarters on my property?
11. Can I build a carport on my property?
12. Is my property platted?
13. How do I obtain a copy of a plat or a property survey?
14. What is the process of rezoning / platting?
15. Where can I find samples of the standardized language that is required on a plat?