What should I do if I am a victim of a Class C Misdemeanor (Criminal) Offense?

If the Police Department becomes involved and a violator/suspect has been identified and a report has been created with a report number, or you have been referred by a city department to contact the prosecutor’s office, then the person wishing to pursue the matter against a violator should call the City’s Prosecutor’s Office at (972) 721-3600 to schedule an appointment with one of the prosecutors.

Appointments are scheduled for Fridays in the order the phone calls are received. The prosecutors will meet with the party to discuss legal aspects and requirements for criminal causes of action in relation to the issue being presented. If the issue meets the legal requirements necessary to pursue a criminal cause of action, the person will be asked to read and sign a Complainant’s Information Sheet, as well as the Affidavit in Support of the Criminal Allegation.

Show All Answers

1. What should I do if I have a claim for damages against the City of Irving?
2. How can I get a copy of an Irving ordinance or resolution?
3. What should I do if I witness a violation of a city ordinance or a Class C misdemeanor?
4. What should I do if I am a victim of a Class C Misdemeanor (Criminal) Offense?
5. How do I pursue a criminal complaint?
6. How do I pursue non-criminal complaints against or issues involving the City of Irving?