How do I obtain a copy of a plat or a property survey?

Plats are recorded and maintained by the Dallas County Clerk's Office. Official and Unofficial copies may be requested from the County. Copies of subdivision plats may also be obtained through the City of Irving Capital Improvements Program (CIP) Department at (972) 721-2768 or email.  These copies can be delivered electronically at no charge or hard copies can be made at $3 per sheet.  

The city does not have copies of individual property surveys. These typically are found in your mortgage or deed records, or you can hire a registered surveyor to complete a survey of your property.

Show All Answers

1. What is the Planning Department?
2. Do I need a permit to do any type of construction on my property?
3. What is the zoning of my property?
4. What is the process to apply for a zoning verification letter?
5. Is my property zoned to sell beer and wine?
6. Can I change the zoning of my property?
7. How do I report zoning violations?
8. Can I do business out of my home?
9. What are the regulations for accessory buildings?
10. Can I have a guest quarters on my property?
11. Can I build a carport on my property?
12. Is my property platted?
13. How do I obtain a copy of a plat or a property survey?
14. What is the process of rezoning / platting?
15. Where can I find samples of the standardized language that is required on a plat?