What type of work requires a permit?
  • Building repairs (Including roofing/remodeling existing structures)
  • Building Additions
  • Accessory Structures
  • Electrical, Plumbing, and HVAC work
  • Fences
  • Signs

For information or questions regarding obtaining permits, contact the Inspections Department at (972) 721-2371 or email to Irving-Permits@cityofirving.org

Show All Answers

1. What is the best way to report code violations?
2. What is the form I need to replace the fence in my yard?
3. What is the maximum height of grass/weed conditions before they become a violation?
4. What type of work requires a permit?
5. How many people may live in a single-family home?
6. How many cars per single-family lot are allowable?
7. What constitutes illegal outside storage?
8. Can cars be parked on the grass?
9. Does the city of Irving enforce the replacement of 3/8-inch decking with 7/16 inch or greater to reshingle a roof? Or is proper decking thickness only enforceable on new construction?
10. Is there a requirement regarding the type of surface a recreational vehicle (RV) needs to be parked on – gravel, cement, or bare ground? If a cement slab or gravel is required, what are the dimensions