Can I change the zoning of my property?

The zoning on a specific piece of property can change only through the public hearing process according to state law which allows public participation from the applicant, interested citizens, and public officials. While a property owner may request the zoning of a piece of land be changed, the whether or not to make such a change is the final decision of the City Council. More information may be found here:

Show All Answers

1. What is the Planning Department?
2. Do I need a permit to do any type of construction on my property?
3. What is the zoning of my property?
4. What is the process to apply for a zoning verification letter?
5. Is my property zoned to sell beer and wine?
6. Can I change the zoning of my property?
7. How do I report zoning violations?
8. Can I do business out of my home?
9. What are the regulations for accessory buildings?
10. Can I have a guest quarters on my property?
11. Can I build a carport on my property?
12. Is my property platted?
13. How do I obtain a copy of a plat or a property survey?
14. What is the process of rezoning / platting?
15. Where can I find samples of the standardized language that is required on a plat?