A watch means that conditions are favorable for the severe weather event in or near the watch area.
Actions to take once the watch has been issued:
- stay alert and pay attention to the news
- ensure your NOAA weather radio is working and has plenty of battery life
- remain alert and be ready to move to a shelter
A warning means that a severe weather event is imminent or occurring in the warning area.
Actions to take once the warning has been issued:
- activate your emergency plan
- take shelter immediately
- tune in to local news or radio stations for additional information