November 25, 2019 - November 27, 2019
5001 N. MacArthur Blvd.
November 28, 2019 - November 29, 2019
November 30, 2019
4100 W Airport Fwy
December 7, 2019
217 S. Main St.
December 7, 2019
825 W. Irving Boulevard
View All Calendars is the default. Choose Select a Calendar to view a specific calendar. Subscribe to calendar notifications by clicking on the Notify Me button, and you will automatically be alerted about the latest events in our community.
November 25, 2019 - November 27, 2019 @ North Lake Natatorium
Want to learn skills that will help you save lives? Become a certified lifeguard.
Prerequisite: Minimum age 15. Successful skills test, which includes 300-yard continuous swim; a 10-pound brick retrieval from 7 to 10 feet depth of water followed by a 20-yard return carrying the brick; and treading water for two minutes without using hands. Test must be completed one week before class or must have instructor approval.
Successful completion of the course will result in American Red Cross Life Guard/First Aid, CPR-Professional Rescuer, and AED certifications.
Register in person at the North Lake Aquatic Center, 5001 N. MacArthur Blvd. For more information, call Aquatics Coordinator Daniel Farran at (469) 446-0201 or Chris Trevino at (469) 435-1626.
* Scholarships are available on a case-by-case basis.
November 1, 2019 - November 30, 2019 @ Irving Arts Center
Free guided gallery tours are offered at 6:30 p.m. every Thursday and at 2:30 p.m. every Sunday.
* Horizons – Sparky Campanella | Carpenter Lobby Gallery | Through Nov. 10
* Traditional and Contemporary Indian Art | Focus Gallery | Through Nov. 10
* Billie Holiday at Sugar Hill Photographs by Jerry Dantzic | Main Gallery | Through Nov. 17
* 2019 IAA Traveling Animal Art Exhibition | Main Gallery | Through Jan. 12
* Ed Wheeler: Santa Classics | Focus Gallery | Nov. 16- Jan. 12
* Some Illustrator: Pictures by Melissa Sweet | Dupree Lobby | Through Jan. 26
* Season’s Greetings: Holiday Cards by Celebrated Artists from The Monroe Wheeler Archive | Carpenter Lobby Gallery | Nov. 16-Jan. 26
November 27, 2019, All Day @ East Branch Library, 440 S. Nursery Road.South Irving Library, 601 Schulze Drive.Valley Ranch Library, 401 Cimarron Trail.West Irving Library, 4444 W. Rochelle Rd.
In observance of Thanksgiving, library locations will close at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 27, and closed on Thursday, Nov. 28 and Friday, Nov. 29.
November 27, 2019, 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM @ Valley Ranch Library Meeting Room
During this two-day movie marathon on Nov. 26 and 27, see each and every Toy Story movie on the big screen! Join Woody and his gang of toys brought to life as they meet new friends, make a daring escape, and take a road trip adventure. Two movies will be shown each afternoon. Rated G. All ages.