Disclaimer, Acceptance of Use, Indemnification, and Linking Policy
Information presented on this website and the tools on it is collected, maintained, and provided for the convenience of the user. While every effort is made to keep such information accurate and up-to-date, the City of Irving does not certify or warrant the authenticity, accuracy (including, but not limited to, errors of scale, resolution, rectification, positional accuracy, development methodology, time period, environmental, and climatic conditions specific to GIS data "link to GIS disclaimer here"), quality, reliability, completeness, content, suitability or timeliness of information on these pages. Web site information is subject to change, removal, or relocation without notice.
This information is provided on an "as is" basis. Any person or entity who relies on any information obtained from these files or tools does so at his or her own risk.
The City of Irving specifically disclaims any and all liability for any special, indirect, exemplary, incidental or consequential claims or damages that may result from providing the website or the information it contains, or from the use, misuse, or inability to use this site or tools, including, but not limited to, loss of anticipated profits or benefits arising out of use or reliance on the data. The act of distribution of information or tools does not constitute or imply and such warranty. The City of Irving is neither responsible nor liable for any viruses or other contamination of or damage to your system arising out or use of the site or the material contained on the site.
The City of Irving does not endorse any of the products, vendors, consultants, or documentation referenced in this website. Any mention of vendors, products, or services is for informational or opinion purposes only.
The City of Irving will make an effort to correct errors brought to our attention. Use of e-mail and any messaging system shall in no circumstance be deemed to constitute legal notice to the City of Irving, with respect to any existing or potential claim or cause of action against the city or any of its agencies, officers, employees, agents, or representatives, where notice to the city is required by any federal, state or local laws, ordinances, charter provisions, rules, or regulations. Notice of any claim must be filed in writing with:
City Secretary of The City of Irving
825 W. Irving Boulevard
Irving, TX 75060
Acceptance of Use
You acknowledge that the content of the City of Irving website is for information only. By using our website, you also agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these terms shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in Dallas county, Texas, and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of those courts for purposes of litigating any such action. Further, you agree that these terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, without giving any effect to any principles of conflict of laws.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, by using the City of Irving website, the user agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the City of Irving, Texas, its agencies, officers, employees, representatives, and agents from and against all suits, actions, losses, damages, claims, or liability of any character, type, or description, including all expenses of litigation, court costs, and attorney's fees arising out of the user's use of this website and information contained on this website.
This policy applies to all websites maintained by the City of Irving. City of Irving websites contain links to other World Wide Web Internet sites and resources. The city is not responsible for, and accepts no liability for, the availability of these outside resources. Linked Web sites are not under the control of, nor maintained by, the city of Irving and the City of Irving is not responsible for the content of these websites, which can and do change frequently; nor for any internal links the displayed websites may contain. In addition, inclusion of the linked websites does not constitute an endorsement or promotion by the City of Irving of any person or organizations sponsoring the displayed websites. These sites are not intended to create a public forum. The city reserves the right to change this policy without notice or warning at any time.
City of Irving websites include:
- The City of Irving website
- The City of Irving Public Library website
- The City of Irving Police Department website
Linking to the City of Irving Websites
It is not necessary to get advance permission to link to the city of Irving Websites if you are making a simple link to the homepage. Please only link City of Irving websites using the following URLs at the top of this page. You may also link to one of our subpages, where appropriate, but again, please use the base URLs above.
We reserve the right to change URLs and subpage paths at any time without notice, it is the responsibility of linking sites to maintain links.
You should not capture our pages within your frames, or otherwise present our content as your own. Any link to our site should be a full forward link that passes the client browser to our site unencumbered. The back button should return the visitor to your site if the visitor wishes to back out. Although all content on our site is public information, the City of Irving maintains and will defend a copyright interest in these pages.
You should not to link to individual graphics or tables within our pages, especially in an effort to place the downloading burden on our servers. Such an action may be considered a misuse of city resources. To get permission to use a copy of our graphics within your pages, please contact Corporate Communications and outline your intended use(s).
Links from the City of Irving Websites
The purpose of the City of Irving websites is to promote the programs, services, policies, and objectives of the city. The city reserves the right to refuse to post any website links or to delete links already posted at any time, in conformance with this policy, without notice.
Every link must undergo review to determine its relevance and appropriateness. The following criteria will be used to decide whether to grant request for city website links.
The city will consider providing links to websites for:
- U.S., Texas, or Dallas governmental agencies as well as other websites maintained by or on behalf of international, national, state, regional, or local governmental or public educational agencies.
- Agencies, organizations and companies sponsoring or otherwise participating in city activities as related to that city activity.
- Links which provide a public service to the community with regard to emergency information, provide links to public and private utility service companies, and provide links to websites that contain pertinent life-sustaining, public safety, and public health information.
- Links to international, national, state, regional or city professional organizations at the discretion of the departments whose activities pertain to such professions.
- Informational links provided by departments that pertain to the areas of knowledge the departments are involved in or have knowledge of. (Specifically, but not limited to, links as determined by Information Technology, the Library, Public Health, and Inspections.)
- Links which promote the economic development and health of the city. (Specifically, but not limited to, links as determined by the Irving Convention and Visitor's Bureau.)
- Links to agencies or websites which have awarded prizes or status to the City of Irving, although the City of Irving reserves the right to not link to award granting entities at the discretion of the departments involved.
- Links to search engines or directories or mapping engines, which provide useful information at the sole discretion of the City of Irving Web Developers and their departments.
The city will not provide links to websites for:
- Businesses or non-profit organizations unless they fit any of the criteria stated above.
- Promotion of illegal materials or information.
- Political campaign information or endorsements.
- Political organizations or other organizations advocating a local, state, or federal issue.
- Adult material not related to health education.
- Individual or personal homepages.
Links from City of Irving websites will be reviewed regularly and may be removed for the following reasons:
- The link no longer points to the original information or resources to which it was intended to point.
- The information pointed to by the link is inaccurate, misleading or otherwise violates the criteria and requirements set forth above.
- Access to the information has become difficult due to nonstandard formatting, lengthy download times, or intrusive advertising.
- The link is permanently unreachable or remains unavailable for a lengthy period, especially if we are unable to contact the site manager about the site's status.
The City of Irving does not enter into reciprocal link agreements. We provide links to sites that are appropriate to our mission. Our creation of a link to your site does not obligate you to provide a link back to us, but you are, of course, welcome to do so.
We always appreciate a note telling us of new links to us. Send link info to the webmaster. Any user submits to personal jurisdiction in Texas and venue in Dallas County, Texas in any action that may be brought in connection with this site.